2014 – 2018 Silverado / Sierra – HUD Retrofit Harness
For those that want to add HUD (Head-Up Display) to your 2014 – 2018 Silverado / Sierra Truck (K2XX), this is the harness you’ll need.
HUD is a feature that GM introduced into the SUV platform trucks (Suburban, Yukon). HUD projects information you want to keep track of right onto your windshield in color. This helps you keep you eyes on the road.
There is a comprehensive process to successfully retrofitting HUD to your Silverado / Sierra Truck.
This product is just for the harness portion of the retrofit.
- Compatible Denali Cluster and Programming: See www.WhiteAutoandMedia.com for the compatible Denali Cluster list. Choose a cluster from a year that matches your truck’s year. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/2014-2019-k2-denali-cluster-part-number-matrix-fitment-guide/ If you source your own compatible cluster, programming is $199 according to the site.
NOTE: If you have a Denali Truck, you WILL need to send your factory cluster to WAMS to get the HUD enabled on your cluster.
Prior to purchasing your cluster, confirm fitment with WAMS.
- HUD Windshield: This is needed to eliminate the ghosting effect that occurs on a non “Laminated” windshield.
- Part #23474646: HUD Projector
- Part # 22758784: HUD Projector Trim Ring
- Part # 23193704: HUD Switch
You will need to cut your speaker/defrost cowl to fit the HUD Projector unit and trim ring. This cuts needs to be pretty precise to align/mate with the HUD Projector. The HUD Project will mount underneath and secured by some bolts.
In order to mount the HUD Projector Unit, you will need to cut the Driver Side Windshield Defrost Piping in the dash (you will lose the driver side window defrost). This is the defrost vent next to the headlight switch.
You need to modify your bezel to accommodate the HUD Switch as shown. A dremel is used to cut the opening.
You can see the ghosting effect here with a Non – Laminated Windshield. You’ll want a Laminated HUD Acoustic Windshield.
Laminated (HUD Acoustic) Windshield
Much clearer/crisper projection
For more information on this retrofit, please visit GM-Trucks’ Thread Here – https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216674-2015-silverado-with-hud-retrofitupgrade/#comments
- .6875 lbs
- 9 × 6 × 1 in